Thursday, December 17, 2009

Rockbridge Seminary

I have been reading several articles and seeing a bunch of ads in magazines and web sites advertising getting a seminary degree online. All the institutions look like they have a lot to offer and my guess is that there programs are great for learning. I want to take a minute and explain to you my education journey.

I was praying for a long time regarding a seminary. I did not want to leave ministry because I was learning in that context and I also had a family to support. After much searching and prayer - I came across Rockbridge Seminary. It was a huge answer to my prayer. My wife and I knew that this was the right school for me (us). I can still be in ministry; learning ans supporting my family. I also did not to take time away from the family as I went to a classroom for lectures and learning. I usually did my seminary work after the family went to bed and after I spent quality time with them. There were times when I did have research and work to do during the day and did not spend with the family, but most of it was done without sacrificing time with my wife and children. In fact, my oldest son did not even know I was going to school until I showed him.

If you are looking for a seminary, Rockbridge just may be your answer. As of right now, I only have two more classes until I complete my Master of Divinity. Even though I am looking forward to completing this accomplishment, a part of me is saddened because I have enjoyed this journey that much. Check out Rockbridge here:

Rockbridge Seminary

No comments: