Monday, July 21, 2008

A First

Well, I am entering a first in ministry. My current Senior Pastor has announced that he has accepted a call and will be leaving before October 1, 2008. Right now I have a sea of emotions; excited to see a brother in Christ to follow the Lord at all costs, fear of the unknown for the church I now serve at, excitement for the opportunity the Lord has placed before me, and other emotions that I will not mention here.

My biggest question is – what is God up to? At the very least He will use this to sharpen me as a leader and a learner, which is not all bad. He will also use this to continue to sharpen a pastor who’s sole goal in life is to please the Lord at all costs. I do take refuge in this fact – no matter what happens the Lord has a far greater love for me, this church, and the former pastor that far exceeds the Love I have. That is comforting because He is the one that holds this whole situation in His hands only as a loving father can.

God called each of us on a journey – this is definitely exciting all the way around. What a journey!

No comments: