Saturday, July 26, 2008

Montana Chronicles Part 2

Right the Wrong is the theme for this years Convention. Our first speaker, Tiger McLuen, started the Convention on the right note. “Every person doing the right things, at the right time, for the right reasons” was his theme for the night. He went on to challenge us to not give into the 4 P’s; Personal appearance, Popularity, Performance, and Possessions. These 4 are seen everywhere – including the church. The only difference is that we in the church spiritualize them. I would also add that students are not the only ones who struggle with these. We adults also have to look good, hang in the right crowd at church, boil our walk with Jesus to a performance and even go as far as a competition with other adults (I am more mature than so and so because I do such and such or am in church more often or am in a certain small group), and have the possessions I life (cars, boats, and other toys).

The challenging thing for me was when he said that it is not too late to right the wrongs in life. That you can be the right person doing the right things, at the right time, for the right reasons with the Lord at the center. Jesus invited the Disciples to have breakfast with Him on the beach after His resurrection. His command was simple – Follow Me! This is true for us today, we just allow these 4 P’s get in the way of following Jesus – I allow these to get in the way.

I also got an implied message as well – I can right the wrong if my walk was not the way it should be. I can forget the past and start to be the right person doing the right things, at the right time, for the right reasons. It is not too late to make course corrections in my life and to follow Jesus so that I can have life and have it more abundantly.

No comments: