Saturday, July 26, 2008

Montana Chronicles Part 1

Have you ever entered into a season where you just want to hear God so loudly in your life that you will almost do anything for that to happen? Or you desire the same thing when you have a chance to go on a trip? Well, that is me. I am currently on a Youth Convention trip in Montana right now. We are on the campus of Montana State University. Yesterday when we landed in Billings, we took a day to go to Yellowstone national Park. Now I have been there before and know it is an amazing and beautiful place, so I was somewhat expecting to hear the Lord through His creation.

As we entered the mountains, I sat in my seat waiting for a sing, a voice, something. My prayer was that the Lord guide me, direct me, speak to me, show me something. What I got was something totally different. The Lord did speak to me, but it was not what I was expecting.

Sometimes in our prayers, we want the Lord to answer a specific way, and that is how I entered into my plea. Boy was I wrong. We drove around this bend; there was nothing unusual about it, just a slow mountainous curve in the road. At the time I was getting a little anxious because I didn’t hear God as quickly as I wanted (that is a whole different topic that I need to write about soon). All of a sudden I came to the realization that the Lord has been speaking to me, He has been guiding me, He has been directing me, He has been showing me the way. I didn’t need to be at a specific time and a specific place to Hear the Lord in my life. In that moment, I felt the Peace of God. As I looked out at the mountains, I started to reflect on my relation to the creation of the Universe. I am so small, and He is so majestic. It is a good place to be in when you realize your position as it is compared to the Lord!

Just then, I saw a Bald Eagle perched in a tree looking out over the river, probably looking for lunch. I could not help but remember one of my favorite scripture passages:

“Do you not know? Have you not heard? Yahweh is the everlasting God, the Creator of the whole earth. He never grows faint or weary; there is no limit to His understanding. 29 He gives strength to the weary and strengthens the powerless. 30 Youths may faint and grow weary, and young men stumble and fall, 31 but those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40: 28-31

WOW! Did the Lord ever speak to me. I enter this Youth trip resting in my position to the Master knowing that He is guiding me in the right direction and that He is speaking to me. What a comfort.

No comments: